As we head out of spring and into summer you’re going to start noticing more stinging insects buzzing around in your yard. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Stinging insects are important for pollination—even those bad-tempered yellow jackets. And yellow jackets, along with other wasps, are great to have around because they feed their young with the insects that can damage your landscaping. They fly in, pick those insects up, and haul them away, free of charge. But they can be a pain to have around (quite literally). So it is important to limit stinging insects to maximize family fun in your backyard. The best way to do this is to invest in residential pest control and nest removal.
Why not do it yourself?
Understanding why you shouldn’t turn to DIY for stinging insect control is actually the best way to see why it is a good idea to have professional wasp removal for your Auckland home.
5 Problems with DIY Wasp Control
- Life gets busy. You get up early. You commute to work. You work all day. You commute home. You take care of jobs around the house. You invest in your family by spending time with them. You take a few minutes to relax. This is how life is for most of us. Your day may look a little different but, likely, it is filled up. Who has time to be doing routine nest detection in their backyard? This is where a pest professional can really be a benefit. Your technician will take care of it so you don’t have to think about it. And you can feel more at ease as your kids and pets go in and out from your backyard. Nest detection is key to wasp control, but it is often neglected as part of a DIY pest control plan.
- Chemicals are bad. For some people, spraying a generous amount of insecticide on a nest is the best solution. But this can lead to sickness for you, your kids, or your pets when the wrong products are used and when they are improperly applied. If these products are necessary, your pest professional will follow industry-established protocols for safety, and the proper products in the proper amounts will be used. In many cases, no insecticide is necessary. Your technician has equipment for blasting those insects out of your wall voids or ground holes.
- It hurts to be stung but it can also be expensive. If a nest removal goes bad, you can get stung and this can lead to a hospital trip. It is also possible to fall from a ladder or fall out of a window when dealing with nest removal. It happens more than you might think. People react in strange ways when they find themselves suddenly surrounded by a swarm of wasps. Pest control professionals are insured. If an accident happens, they’re the ones going to the hospital and they’re the ones paying for it. Fortunately, accidents during professional wasp removal are rare.
- It can get worse. You might think that having that nest on your home, or in the wall void of your home, is pretty bad, but it can get worse. You can accidentally drive wasps deeper into your home where they can begin to come out into your common areas and plague you. Pest professionals know how to identify the insects they’re treating and assess the location of the nest to properly remove it without secondary issues occurring.
- Wasps can be deadly. For some people, a single sting from a wasp can be a life-threatening event. If you’ve never been stung by a wasp, you may not know that you have this allergy. When you hire a professional, not only will you not have to find out if you’re allergic to wasp venom during nest removal, you’ll have less chance of being stung once the nest is removed. That is a win-win.
So, is professional Wasp Removal worth it?
We think it is. When you let a professional deal with wasp detection and removal you have the best protection possible and less of a chance of harming yourself or others or making your problem worse. For wasp control in the Auckland area, reach out to Dan’s Property Services. Our team is one of the best in the industry. When it comes to managing pest threats, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone better. But we don’t ask you to take our word for it. Check out our customer reviews on social media. When it comes to pest management, Dan’s Property Services is the best.